[rhn-users] RAID question, for RHEL WS (v. 3 for x86)

Jeff Port port at astro.psu.edu
Tue Aug 3 14:32:17 UTC 2004

Hi Folks,

First time poster here, if this has been covered here previously I
apologize in advance.  Here's my situation, I recently upgraded a
system from RH 8 to Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS (v. 3 for x86).  The
system, a Dell Precision, had two IDE drives combined in RAID to
appear as one drive.  I believe the system to have the a hardware
RAID capability.

I made the assumption (rash, I know) that the new OS would see the
two drives in the RAID configuration and present that as an option
during the installation.  Fortunately, I did backup all the data prior to
the upgrade.  The new OS sees the drives a two separate entities
now, so my question to this group: how do I get them back together as
one in what I assume was a RAID 0 configuration?

TIA for any advice.

Jeff