[rhn-users] RAID question, for RHEL WS (v. 3 for x86)

Matt Allen mallen at theebizshop.net
Tue Aug 3 14:51:24 UTC 2004

Jeff,

Hardware RAID is set up by the controller/bios before the OS loads, so as far
as I know RedHat would only see one drive. It sounds to me like you had
software RAID running, and if it was mirroring then it was RAID 1, not 0.

If you don't see anything about RAID when the machine is booting up (pre OS

As for getting your RAID set back: Does the RedHat WS install see any
pre-existing partitions on your drives?