[rhn-users] upgrading to RHEL WS version 3

Gordon Chung gordonc at holyrood.ed.ac.uk
Tue Aug 17 13:49:07 UTC 2004

Hi there,

I'm currently on RHEL WS version 2.1 and having looked at the man page for
up2date (up2date-2.9.3-2.2.1AS), cannot figure out whether I can upgrade
to version 3 or not.

I've tried putting in the version 3 install cd to see if there is an
upgrade option to the install but there doesn't seem to be. I suppose I
could do an install and preserve existing data by not reformatting the
hard disk but would that not leave me with 2 versions of the each package.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks
Gordon