[rhn-users] errata updates

Rich Graves rcgraves at brandeis.edu
Thu Aug 19 14:46:54 UTC 2004

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004, taal wrote:

> When I first signed up with redhat it showed me with 14 errata which needed
> updating. I scheduled the updates and it did update 3 of the 14 but 11
> failed. Since then I have on different days scheduled for the other 11 to be
> updated and each time all 11 fails. Any ideas as to why?

Manually (as root on the local machine) up2date -u up2date. We always saw
such failures on rhel3 u1 and u2. We have had far fewer such problems since
up2date-4.2.33-1.

rpm --changelog up2date lists many bugs fixed, but they're all marked
private in bugzilla.
--
Rich Graves <rcgraves at brandeis.edu>
UNet Systems Administrator