[rhn-users] errata updates

Bret McMillan bretm at redhat.com
Thu Aug 19 22:12:51 UTC 2004

On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 04:12:46PM -0500, taal wrote:

> 10 of the 11 give the fail message they are on a skip list. I can't
> Find a skip list they'd be on anywhere. The other fails with reason
> Failed: Packages failed to install properly: There was a rpm unpack error
> installing the package: httpd-2.0.40-21.11

Hm.  The skip list reason might be an issue w/ up2date not giving the
most useful of error messages... there have been versions that would
give that on certain dependency errors.  Make sure you have the latest
version of up2date and see if that helps.

As for the unpack error, that's quite weird.  My guess would be a
screwed up download of the package, or something particular to your
system... something like /tmp running out of space or something.

You might try downloading the httpd package from the rhn.redhat.com
website and seeing if a manual rpm -Uvh install works.  You can also
try:

	up2date httpd

from the commandline and see if that works.

--Bret