[rhn-users] Network Connection

Ron Blunt rblunt at bluntonline.com
Fri Aug 20 13:11:12 UTC 2004

I am running an email server with Linux ES Basic (x86).  I moved locations,
changing providers from Time Warner business to Comcast business cable.  The
ES box will not boot without hanging at starting rhnsd,   If I disable the
ipchains, it will purport to start rhnsd and then hang at the next command
which is "starting service local."  If I bypass either command, it will boot
but there is no access to the network.

The ES box sets off the eth0 DMZ of a Smoothwall firewall.  I have an old
Red Hat 7.2 box that is working fine.  Both the 7.2 and ES boxes are
configured in the 192.168.0.1 range, and I did not make any changes to the
configuration upon moving.  The Smoothwall box works with the router and is
where I changed to the new static IP.  Yet, the old box works and the new
one does not.  Please help!

Thanks,

Ron Blunt