[rhn-users] Adding local dir causes errors?

Shawn Protsman SProtsman at isoft.com
Mon Aug 23 17:12:53 UTC 2004

Hi all,

1) I added a local directory to the rhn sources file
(/etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources):

### an local directory full of packages
### format
dir localrpms /var/spool/RPMS/

2) Restarted rhnsd:

[root at server1 qazmlp]# /etc/init.d/rhnsd restart
Stopping Red Hat Network Daemon:                           [  OK  ]
Starting Red Hat Network Daemon:                           [  OK  ]

3) Tried to run the update:

[root at server1 qazmlp]# up2date -u
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/up2date", line 1174, in ?
    sys.exit(main() or 0)
  File "/usr/sbin/up2date", line 772, in main
    fullUpdate, dryRun=options.dry_run))
  File "/usr/sbin/up2date", line 1066, in batchRun
    batch.run()
  File "up2dateBatch.py", line 62, in run
  File "up2dateBatch.py", line 97, in __findPackagesToUpdate
  File "packageList.py", line 157, in addGlobs
  File "rhnPackageInfo.py", line 232, in getAvailablePackageList
  File "rhnPackageInfo.py", line 166, in availablePackageList
  File "rpcServer.py", line 304, in doCall
  File "repoDirector.py", line 20, in listPackages
  File "rpmSource.py", line 226, in listPackages
  File "/usr/share/rhn/up2date_client/repoBackends/dirRepo.py", line
132, in listPackages
    hdr = rpmUtils.readHeaderBlob(hdrBuf.unload())
TypeError: readHeaderBlob() takes exactly 2 arguments (1 given)

If I comment out the added line everything works okay.  I have done this
on another RH 3 ES box and it worked fine.  Any ideas what may be going
wrong here?

Regards,
Shawn