[rhn-users] Unable to install up2date rpm on RHEL 2.1

Mark Forsyth/Portsmouth/IBM mark_forsyth at us.ibm.com
Wed Aug 25 15:06:54 UTC 2004

Hi, I am trying to install the latest "up2date" rpm package for RHEL 2.1
but unable to do so.

I have downloaded the latest rpm direct from the RHN web site.

When I attempt to install this, I receive only the command prompt back
without
any error message displayed or logged?

I am able to install other rpm packages OK, but unable to install any
"up2date"
rpm?

I have tried this on several machine's  installing from scratch using
CD's.

This is very perplexing as I am unable to update any new RHEL 2.1 machine.

This does not happen if I use RHEL 3.0, however our requirements are such
that
we need a RHEL AS 2.1 server.

Any ideas greatly appreciated,

-- Mark