[rhn-users] restoring runlevel.conf

Brian T. Brunner brian.t.brunner at gai-tronics.com
Mon Aug 30 17:32:11 UTC 2004

(my stock 7.3 system has no /etc/runlevel.conf,
so you probably don't need it either)

Do you use LILO as your boot loader?  If so
append="RUNLEVEL=3"
in lilo.conf should get you going.
Any other runlevel can be put in this 'append' line.
remember to chroot /mnt/sysimage and then lilo -r /

Don't use runlevels 0,1, or 6.

The rescue CD should only be used for basic emergency work,
changing runlevel is a bit out of scope for it.

Brian Brunner
brian.t.brunner at gai-tronics.com
(610)796-5838

>>> "jijo  john" <jijo_john at rediffmail.com> 08/30/04 10:46AM >>>

I am using  redhat 8
now I can boot my linux system but i can't enter into runlevel
from rescue mode I check the runlevel.conf in etc folder
but i can't find that file and also missing the files
/etc/options.conf
/etc/module.conf
/etc/network.conf
if anybody knows how to restore this files
please help me
thanks
jijo
jijo's