[rhn-users] SMTP +A Configurations

Venkatesh Rengasamy venkatesh.r at tallysolutions.com
Sat Dec 4 04:34:31 UTC 2004

Hi , Any one configured SMTP +A in RHEL 3 with Sendmail .

 We are trying to implement SMTP+A with sendmail and sasl. Steps we did
1. Installed default sendmail and cyrus sasl packages.

2. Enabled sasl option in sendmail.mc, generated sendmail.cf file and
restarted
sendmail service. Uncommented following lines in sendmail.mc file
define(`confAUTH_OPTIONS', `A ')dnl
TRUST_AUTH_MECH(`EXTERNAL DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 LOGIN PLAIN')dnl
define(`confAUTH_MECHANISMS', `EXTERNAL GSSAPI DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 LOGIN
PLAIN')
dnl

3. Modified /usr/lib/sasl2/Sendmail.conf file to pwcheck_method:sasldb2

4. Created sasl users using saslpasswd2 command.

5. Configured mail client to use SMTP+A, it fails to send mail with the
error "Relaying denied".

6. Another error "sendmail[2045]: iAB8uERV002045: our.server.com [x.x.x.x]
did
not issue MAIL/EXPN/VRFY/ETRN during connection to MTA"

Any hints ?

Venkatesh.R
India