[rhn-users] Update 4 up2date Issues

James Bourne jamesb at al.com.au
Tue Dec 28 01:46:41 UTC 2004

Hello list:

I've just run up2date against my Update 3 of ES 3 and see the following
packages being excluded:

initscripts                             7.31.18.EL     1    Config modified
redhat-release                          3ES            7.4  Config modified
hwdata                                  0.101.14       1    Config modified
autofs                                  4.1.3          47   Config modified
nfs-utils                               1.0.6          33EL Config modified

I can't say I have ever modified the configs of the above patches?

How can I force their install? Or alternately determine what differences
there are that are not allowing up2date to complete.

I tried everything short of downloading the rpm and installing manually?

Thanks in advance,

James