[rhn-users] SeekComplete Error on hdd's

Quintin Vorster qvorster at Interpharm.co.za
Wed Jul 21 11:33:03 UTC 2004

Hi

How can I fix the following problem occurring on 2 of my 5 RH9 servers
running fast serial ATA HDD's? Any ideas or fixes to this problem, as I am
out of ideas.

hda: irq timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }

hda: status timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }

hda: DMA disabled

hdb: DMA disabled

hda: drive not ready for command

ide0: reset: success

hdb: drive_cmd: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }

hdb: drive_cmd: error=0x04 { DriveStatusError }

set_rtc_mmss: can't update from 0 to 59

set_rtc_mmss: can't update from 0 to 53

set_rtc_mmss: can't update from 1 to 54

set_rtc_mmss: can't update from 4 to 55

set_rtc_mmss: can't update from 6 to 56

set_rtc_mmss: can't update from 8 to 57

set_rtc_mmss: can't update from 10 to 58

set_rtc_mmss: can't update from 12 to 59

set_rtc_mmss: can't update from 1 to 56

set_rtc_mmss: can't update from 2 to 57

set_rtc_mmss: can't update from 3 to 58

set_rtc_mmss: can't update from 4 to 59