[rhn-users] Invalid Architecture and OS release combination - RHEL3 AS

chitaranjan behera chits_b at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 2 13:26:33 UTC 2004

Hi,
I have HP Zx6000 Itanium 2 workstation system which
came pre-installed with Redhat Linux Advanced
Workstation Server 2.1.
Now I successfully installed RHEL 3 AS for Itanium
from the RHEL3 CDs on it. However while registering
with RHN network through up2date the following error
comes in the last screen:-
"Invalid Architecture and OS release combination (3AS,
ia64-redhat-linux).
	Your system has been registered, but will not receive
updates because it is not subscribed to a channel. If
you have not yet activated your product for service,
please visit our website at:

     http://www.redhat.com/now

	...to activate your product."

Then I Activated my product using above site.
Logged on to rhn.redhat.com using username and
password. Then to "Channels" tab and then "Easy ISOs".
	Message shown after the above step is:
	----------------
	"Downloading of ISO images is only available to
customers with paid entitlements to Red Hat Network"

Note :
System Properties shown
Entitlement: Demo
Auto Errata Update: Auto Errata Update only available
for paying accounts

Also in Channels tab it doesnot show any RHEL updates.
However it does show Redhat 6/7 etc updates.

I want to download various updates of RHEL 3 and 2.1.

Please let me know how to overcome this.

Thanks in Advance,
Chita.