[rhn-users] Channel help, where do I find...

Todd Warner taw at redhat.com
Fri Jun 4 17:38:08 UTC 2004

On Fri, 4 Jun 2004, Andy Ciordia wrote:

> RedHat docs need to go back to QA, if references within references
> wasn't enough pain, the lack of correct package naming after package
> name conversions will drive you a bit nuts..
>
> So I survived, I have Cold machine to PXE to Kernel boot to KS RHN
> install to post scripting to proxy conversion.. woo.. mouthful.
>
> Now I need to start getting our custom packages into our proxy server,
> but the document says I need rhns-proxy-package-manager. That package
> AFAIK no longer exists.  Does anyone know the new naming scheme or do I
> just download the whole Network Tools channel and see where that leads?
>
> -a

If you installed an RHN Proxy rhns-proxy-package-manager should indeed
by installed on your machine. The executable is rhn_package_manager
(which I wanna change... but that is just me).

If that RPM does not exist on your machine, please send *me*, not the
list, your RPM manifest please: rpm -qa. We'll figure out with is up.

Docs are definitely being worked on. And it is known that they need to
be improved. Clay, our docs guy is a machine and working like mad to
keep up and improve them.

Thanks,

--
 /odd Warner                                    <taw@{redhat,pobox}.com>