[rhn-users] Install a new RHEL WS 3.0

Scott Sibert ssibert at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 20:43:25 UTC 2004

1. You can rename the files just fine with no repurcussion.

2. You can install the Update2 directly without installing a previous
"version."  This update is a full compilation with all of the updated
packages bundled in one install.

3. The MD5 Checksum:  on your downloaded files (go ahead and rename
them to whatever you want) run:  md5sum file1.iso (where file1.iso is
the name of one of your freshly downloaded ISO files) and it will
compute the MD5 checksum.  Compare this, character-by-character, with
what RHN has for that file's checksum to verify the integrity of your
downloaded file.  If it differs, redownload the file.

--Scott