[rhn-users] RE: rhn-users Digest, Vol 4, Issue 22

Wen Bian wenbian at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 23 19:08:44 UTC 2004

Thank you Dr. Schmidt, I tried what you said, it seems working to some
extent.  Now if I set the "DefaultDepth" to 24 in the "screen" secion in
"XF86Config", the program still can't find PseudoColor; if I set
"DefaultDepth" to 8, it doesn't complain about PseudoColor anymore, but
instead gives the following error message (the program display console can't
come up):

  X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for
operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  86 (X_AllocColorCells)
  Value in failed request:  0x0
  Serial number of failed request:  381

Any idea about that? Really appreciate your kind help!

Wen