[rhn-users] WAP GATEWAY

Corné Beerse cbeerse at lycos.nl
Tue Jun 29 10:30:47 UTC 2004

Nasır Yılmaz (Sistem Müdür Yardımcısı) wrote:
> Hi folks ;
> Anyone has experience in wap gateway  ?

all experience I have in a wap gateway is that in essence it is a
webserver/gateway/proxy that runs on a different port (my phone says port 9201).

Hence if you setup the normal tools to also accept port 9201 where it defaults
to 80 or 8080 then the base is there.

Now your webpages should be wap-pages which is more or less text only html.

If you use opera (http://www.opera.com/), you can go to http://wap.htm.net/ to
see if it all works. (this page is in dutch, they are the timetables for the
trams in The Hague.)

CBee