[rhn-users] Migration from RH 8 to EL 3.1

Denis Beauchemin d.beauchemin at usherbrooke.ca
Fri Mar 5 18:44:24 UTC 2004

Le ven 05/03/2004 à 11:54, Sebastian Wiegand a écrit :
> Hello everybody,
>
> we need to migrate from RH 8 to EL 3.1. But there are no case studies or
> how-to or experience to find that could help me.
>
> Does anybody has experience with migration from RH 8 to EL 3.1.
>
> Please help me.
>
> We are running RH 8, Webmin, Apache, SSH-Server, Sendmail, Usermin.

Sebastian,

Beware of Apache and sendmail as they got upgraded to new versions
somewhat incompatible with the ones on older RH Linux.

We've been bit by a sendmail-ldap bug that prevents us from using
8.12.10 (had to install from RH9's 8.12.8).

Denis
--
Denis Beauchemin, analyste
Université de Sherbrooke, S.T.I.