[rhn-users] Stsic Route under RH ES3

rhn-users List Readers at Axoria Ltd role.rhn-users at axoria.net
Fri Mar 12 22:07:14 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-03-12 at 21:42, Daniel Wittenberg wrote:

> Actually I'm not sure it would work, I didn't see that it referenced
> the static-routes anymore.

Oh, that's curious. I have a stock installed RHEL 3.0 ES (Update 1)
installed here that I checked and it's definitely reference in the
/etc/rc.d/init.d/network startup script, so that'd work. I just don't
need to use static routes on any of the new hosts, but the code appears
to be the same (presumably for backward-compatibility).

Perhaps it gets even more fun than suspected! You're talking about RHEL
3.0 ES, aren't you? Maybe you were just looking in the ifup-routes? That
doesn't reference the old file, but the network startup script would do
the job instead ... maybe that's it. Oh well, I suspect the original
enquirer now has more than enough tips to be getting on with!

Frank - did you get it working?

--
Best regards,
James.