[rhn-users] Entitlements disappearing from RHN

Graham Leggett minfrin at sharp.fm
Tue May 4 20:15:32 UTC 2004

Duane Christensen wrote:

> I am having a similar problem in that I can still login for our rh9
> stuff, but not for the ES.
>
> Also, no responce from RH, for several months now.  Fortunately I did
> not switch yet.

I finally got some insight into this.

Over the weekend, some of the entitlements for Redhat 9 expired. Instead
of doing the logical thing, and simply removing the entitlements from
the affected systems, what RHN did was randomly remove entitlements from
already-entitled systems and assign those entitlements to the recently
expired servers.

Redhat customer support claims the bug that caused this problem has been
fixed, however to sort out the fallout from this you apparently have to
a) delete the no-longer enetitled systems from RHN, then b) delete the
systems that have lost their entitlements, then c) add back the systems
that are still supposed to be entitled.

A huge runaround, IMHO.

Regards,
Graham