[rhn-users] How do I disable receiving mail into unused accounts (like "root" and "apache" etc) ?

Chris Drake christopher at pobox.com
Mon May 17 12:26:59 UTC 2004

Hi,

I don't want to get external emails into any of my existing Linux user
accounts, except for the one I use (also where I've pointed my
"postmaster@" alias to).

How do I reject all these?  (Note that I run a large number of
domains, so I don't want to enter all permutations of anything
anywhere!)

Is there an easy way to block incoming emails which fake one of these
users as well? (I'm getting people putting "root@" with one of my
domain names).

I implemented both SPF and MS's Caller-ID in my DNS (mainly to prevent
potential future blocking), so is there an easy way to "activate" one
of these - but only for my own domains - I never want to reject *other*
peoples domains even if their own SPF says I should (SPF on other
domains can erase legitimate emails - a situation I *never* want to
allow)

:-) Chris.