[rhn-users] Up2date on a Private Network

Huntress Gary B NPRI HuntressGB at Npt.NUWC.Navy.Mil
Mon May 17 18:29:38 UTC 2004

Hi,

	We are RHEL subscribers but one of our systems is on a completely private network.  The only way to move data to/from this system is via CD or tape.   Obviously, this system cannot run up2date.   Is it possible for me to export the list of installed rpms (rpm -qa) on the private box and use my online RHEL box run up2date and essentially proxy all the requests?

	It's pretty easy for me to take the package list (732 rpms) and force downloads via some simple scripts.   But that seems wasteful.  I doubt I'm the first user to have a private RHEL box, how do you keep them updated?

Regards,

Gary Huntress
Code 4113
Naval Undersea Warfare Center