[rhn-users] Up2date - cant upgrade

Corné Beerse cbeerse at lycos.nl
Mon May 24 09:28:42 UTC 2004

Kassim Kasmani wrote:

> Dan Wittenberg wrote:
>
>> Looks corrupted, try also doing an rpm -Vp <package>.  But you'll
>> probably have to download it again.
>>
>> Dan
>>
>> On Thu, 2004-05-20 at 11:29, Kassim Kasmani wrote:
>>

>>> D: Expected size:       903170 = lead(96)+sigs(344)+pad(0)+data(902730)
>>> D:   Actual size:       475136
>>

> I managed to download it again and it installed fine.
>
> But, when I try to get updates, it just freezes as usual when it tries
> the fetch the RPM headers.
>
> Any ideas about this?

If this happens to be on RH9, do check the RH knowledge base (and do so if it is
any other version). There are various items about it. Follow them all. (check
'up2date' and the combination "'up2date' and 'RH9'".

The root of most evil is the combination of rpm and the used database. I needed
a manual update of both of them to resolve the problem. Its discussed in one of
the articles.

CBee