[rhn-users] How does the Schedule feature in RHN work?

Kay Williams kay at thewilliams.net
Tue May 25 18:36:11 UTC 2004

Got it.  I had everything set up correctly, but needed to be more
patient.  Here is what I learned -

The client-side RHNSD checks for scheduled updates at a period specified
by the "interval" directive in the /etc/sysconfig/rhn/rhnsd
configuration file.  Mine was set at

          INTERVAL=240

which is 240 minutes, or 4 hours.  Fortunately, I also found the
rhn_check utility which forces rhnsd to immediately check for and apply
scheduled updates.  This is all documented under "Red Hat Network
Daemon" in the Red Hat Network 3.3 Update Reference Guide.

-Kay