[rhn-users] RHN not recognizing necessary patches

Norman Elton wnelto at net.wm.edu
Wed May 26 15:48:05 UTC 2004

Bret (and Todd),

Thanks for looking into this. It's a relief to see @redhat.com on your
e-mail addresses.

> 1.  What emails are you receiving?  Ones from RHN, or general errata
>     alerts?

I'm getting RHN Errata Alerts. It explains the errata, then lists the
systems that require updating. In most cases, it's all my systems.

> 2.  What machines is this happening on?  rhel 2.1?  rhel 3?

All the afflicted machines are RHEL 3.

> 3.  What versions of rpm and up2date are the machines running?

I checked one of the afflicted machines. It's running rpm-4.2.2-0.14
and up2date-4.2.16-1

> 4.  Are you doing any local rpm installations using the rpm
>     commandline utility on the machines in question?

Not very often. Every once in a blue moon I'll install an RPM by hand.

> 5.  Do you have the bugzilla # for the bug you filed handy?

Bugzilla #123381. If it helps, my login name is WMNetworking.

Norman

Norman Elton
College of William & Mary
757-221-7790