[rhn-users] REHL 3 and openldap 2.2 + kerberos

Rich Graves rcgraves at brandeis.edu
Thu Nov 4 17:22:13 UTC 2004

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004, FM wrote:

> I'm looking advice/how-to for installing Openldap 2.2 and kerberos on
> RHEL 3.
> I konw that I have to recompile a lot of packages.

You might try looking at the RHEL4 beta:
ftp.redhat.com:/pub/redhat/linux/beta/nahant/en/AS/i386/SRPMS/openldap-2.2.13-2.src.rpm

I don't know if anyone on the openldap list has evaluated it. I'm still on
my custom build, but I made things easier by omitting kerberos support.

RedHat's recent purchase of Netscape Directory Server does not bode well
for continued OpenLDAP support, but given how bad support has been over
the last several years, that's no change.