[rhn-users] hostname lookup

Duane Christensen dc at sphosp.com
Thu Nov 11 19:29:18 UTC 2004

When I add a hostname to the host tables it works.  But I have no
inclination of attempting to build a host table of every site including
their redirects.  I am attempting to replace RH 9 on this server which
currently works just fine.  I can access Redhat via ip but that only
gets me to their index page.  When I try to telnet to
xmirpc.rhn.redhat.com 443 I get a "hostname lookup failure" message.

Duane

>>> cjameson at math.cudenver.edu 11/11/2004 7:07:50 AM >>>
Duane,

You should be able to modify the look-up table easily using the network

tools. You might want to check your firewall. That's what this sounds
like.

Craig.