[rhn-users] Running korn scripts on RH

Michael Grice grice at berbee.com
Mon Nov 15 16:37:47 UTC 2004

* Eric Van Steenbergen <evs at kerridge.be> [041115 07:05] wrote:

>    Hello all,
>

>    I've  made  some  scripts  to  use  on  different  UNIX platforms. All
>    commands  are  tested  on AIX, UnixWare 7.1.1 and RedHat Linux ES. The
>    commands work perfect and give back the expected results. But.... When
>    I copy the entire script to a RedHat server, make it executable (chmod
>    +x) and try to run it I get the error: : bad interpreter: No such file
>    or directory. Can anyone tell me what I forgot or did wrong?

Eric,

Your shell can't find the ksh binary. So either the ksh binary isn't
installed ('rpm -q pdksh' to check) or the first line in your script is
pointing at the wrong location. Either /bin/ksh or /usr/bin/ksh works on
one of my RHEL 3 servers. It sounds like ksh is installed, so I'd bet on
the latter.
--Michael