[rhn-users] NFS problem with RHEL v.3

Bruce Martin redhat at vuiis.vanderbilt.edu
Wed Nov 17 20:20:04 UTC 2004

I am running NIS/NFS. The NIS/NFS server is currently running Red Hat
7.3. I made a change in /etc/exports to try to extend NIS/NFS services
to  the new iMacs in our office. When I restarted NFS none of the linux
machines, that had been working just fine before, could mount a users
home directory on login. Upon investigation I had a mistype in the
/etc/exports file. When I fixed that and restarted NFS the Red Hat 9
clients could log in and mount the users home directories but my
Fedora, and RHEL machines could only authenticate via NIS but could not
mount a users home directory via NFS. I have also reverted the
/etc/exports file back to it's original form but still have the same
problem. Has anyone experienced this and found a fix?

Bruce

--
Bruce W. Martin
Systems Administrator, VSA