[rhn-users] NFS problem with RHEL v.3

Bruce Martin redhat at vuiis.vanderbilt.edu
Thu Nov 18 01:00:46 UTC 2004

I tried this on the RHEL machine:

[root at nash root]# mount -o nfsvers=2 vuiis:/home/martinbw /mnt/test
mount: vuiis:/home/martinbw failed, reason given by server: Permission
denied

the server had the following in /var/log/messages

Nov 17 18:48:48 vuiis rpc.mountd: authenticated mount request from
nash:972 for /home/martinbw (/home)
Nov 17 18:48:48 vuiis rpc.mountd: getfh failed: Operation not permitted

Bruce

--
Bruce W. Martin
Systems Administrator, VSA