[rhn-users] Boot time parameters?

Doerbeck, Christoph Christoph.Doerbeck at FMR.COM
Sat Oct 9 01:05:30 UTC 2004

What version of RedHat ... what is the hardware/scsi controller.

Christoph F. Doerbeck
Fidelity Investments Systems Company (UTS)
Voice:  (508) 787-6915
Mobile: (508) 826-2756
Pager: (800)-SkyTel2 pin#1467205

-----Original Message-----
From: Craig Jameson [mailto:cjameson at math.cudenver.edu]
Sent: Friday, October 08, 2004 8:26 PM
To: rhn-users at redhat.com
Subject: [rhn-users] Boot time parameters?

I built a brand spanking new box. Now I have to figure out how to
install
RedHat. I think the pertinent components for this question are:

Motherboard: Intel D915PBL
Hard Drive : Seagate ST3160827AS

The BIOS recognizes the hard drive (It's listed there). RedHat
installation Disk 1 doesn't seem to recognize the hard drive. The hard
drive has never had anything installed on it. Does it need to be
initialized somehow? Do I need a boot time parameter? Do I not have the
necessary driver? Something else?

Craig.