[rhn-users] drm: i830_wait_ring lockup error

Lars Cedar redhatmail at naughts.net
Wed Oct 13 12:13:20 UTC 2004

Found the answer at last, and I share it here so that it may help others,
though it's embarrassing to not have figured it out sooner (just to busy to
have the epiphany).

Turns out that "[drm: i830_wait_ring] *ERROR* space 131056 wanted 13106"
means just what it says. Need space! I did not realize I had run out of
space on my volume.

After booting from my RH9 disk one and selecting repair, I was able to
navigate around and remove some unneeded files. When I rebooted, I was back
in business.

I hope this helps others. Hopefully later versions of RH will warn a user
that space is low before shutting down, giving one the opportunity to fix
the problem before it occurs.

Cheers,
Lars