[rhn-users] Updating with RPM.

Naoki naoki at valuecommerce.com
Thu Oct 14 10:03:20 UTC 2004

I have also had the same problem.  My fedora boxes don't have any
problem because I have my own internal mirror of the updates.
But for Enterprise it's a different story.  I asked about the satellite
service but was told it doesn't work with ES/AS v3 yet.
I was about to remove the Redhat up2date and start testing the fedora
up2date or perhaps yum but just altered my network slightly ( and used
NAT ) so my machines could contact the RedHat site. None of these are
perfect. I'm waiting for the satellite service. Hope it works with RHES4
because that'll be a very nice step up from the RedHat 9 based distro
that 3 is.

Shame really, it's only because of Oracles limited number of supported
platforms that I'm in this predicament.

-n.