[rhn-users] is this a bug?

Necati Keles pengunix at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 15 18:39:22 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I have a storage unit arround 287 giga. And i installed RHEL 3 AS. RHEL can see all of storage size. Before i created 185 giga partition as ext3.
When i try to create a partition with all of the size. It appeared like before 185 giga.
I tried to find what is the problem. I found that fdisk cannot delete file system created before. Then i tried mkfs. It was OK .
As I know if we type "fdisk /dev/sda" (for example) and then select "t" and "8e" (for LVM) then "w" (to write the changing) file system type change ext3 to LVM. But not.

Is this a bug or my fault?