[rhn-users] NFS over TCP

Doerbeck, Christoph Christoph.Doerbeck at FMR.COM
Mon Oct 18 18:04:29 UTC 2004

If I'm not mistaken, it's a mount option

ex:

	/mnt/apps	fooserver:/export/apps	nfs
rsize=8192,wsize=8192,tcp

for more info on RHEL: man 5 nfs

Christoph

-----Original Message-----
From: Charith Perera [mailto:cperera at intertechmedia.com]
Sent: Monday, October 18, 2004 1:00 PM
To: rhn-users at redhat.com
Subject: [rhn-users] NFS over TCP

Does anyone know how to start the NFS server so that it listens using
TCP
instead of UDP? I'm trying to use port forwarding in SSH to allow a
remote
machine to mount an exported filesystem. However, SSH port forwarding
only
works with TCP, and my understanding is that it won't work out of the
box
with NFS because the NFS server uses UDP by default.

So any idea how to make the NFS server listen over TCP?

Thanks,

Charith Perera