[rhn-users] rpm problem

Mike Tran mtran at opsec.usda.gov
Thu Oct 21 16:05:40 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I am trying to do an upgrade on my rpm packagage from version 4.2.2-0.14
to rpm-4.2.3-10. It complainded that it couldn't find librpm-4.2.so, but
when i did a locate, librpm is in /usr/lib/ (see below). I don't know
where the installed rpm is looking for librpm. How do i tell rpm to look
for librpm.so in /usr/lib/ ?

root at myhost:{181} rpm -q rpm
rpm: error while loading shared libraries: librpm-4.2.so: cannot open

root at myhost:rpm {182} locate librpm-4.2.so
/usr/lib/librpm-4.2.so

Thanks you in advance for any suggestions.

Mike