[rhn-users] add partition

Tom Weeks tweeksjunk2 at theweeks.org
Thu Oct 28 05:21:34 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 27 October 2004 11:16 am, Tim Trott wrote:
> Is there a good way to add a new partition in RHEL3, specifically with RAID
> mirroring running?

You have a mirror... What's to add?  A Hot spare maybe?

Or are you wanting to fail one of the partitions.. and add in another?

> (full backups understood) against doing it. Can Ghost or some other utility
> be used or is there something useful/helpful (besides fdisk) in RHEL3?

Ghost runs under DOS.. what are you trying to accomplish?

> Can
> partitioning help server load/lag due to disk access?

Huh?

I hope you're not using partitions from the same disk in an array... that
would be "a bad idea" (performance wise).. well.. and just rather silly.

Tweeks