[rhn-users] Problem with EL4 Beta-1 x86-64 bit

Scott Francis scott.francis at newisys.com
Thu Oct 28 18:28:48 UTC 2004

I attempted to find a way to post this on Bugzilla...but couldn't find
the appropriate area/way to do so.  Any help in this would be greatly
appreciated.  Regardless, I wanted to post this issue that we are
seeing.  We are only seeing this in the 64bit version of EL4-Beta1.  The
i386 version does not have this issue:

Using kernel version 2.6.8-1.528.2.10smp of RH EL4, the header file
mce.h is located in
/lib/modules/2.6.8-1.528.2.10/build/include/asm-x86_64/mce.h.

It needs to be located in /usr/include/asm so that someone building an
application from source can have access to the definition of "struct
mce".

Please let me know if there is any feedback or questions.

Scott Francis