[rhn-users] RHN down; again

Eric Eisenhart eric.eisenhart at sonoma.edu
Thu Sep 2 18:13:24 UTC 2004

https://rhn.redhat.com/ gets me a "502 Proxy Error" page and has been
like that for about 10 minutes now...

There was also a brief amount of downtime yesterday.

And, of course, 2 recent planned outages...

What's going on at Red Hat with RHN?  Why all the downtime?  When can we
expect RHN to start being reliable?  When can we expect Red Hat to treat
RHN like the enterprise-class service that your marketing likes to imply
it is?  (such as by running it in a highly available configuration and
announcing maintenance well in advance...)

(Update; within the past few minutes the 502 proxy error has been
replaced with a "technical difficulties" placeholder)
--
Eric Eisenhart <eric.eisenhart at sonoma.edu>
Linux/Unix Systems Administrator