[rhn-users] Installing RH on a second Hard Disk

elimachi at datacom.com.bo elimachi at datacom.com.bo
Fri Sep 24 15:58:09 UTC 2004

Hi list:

The problem was with the installation Boot Loader procedure. Firstly, I
installed GRUB into /dev/hdd6 partition but now I installed Linux again
but without any boot loader and I chose boot the system through boot disk,
with it I believe that the installation process create a different boot
disk.

Now I can launch windows from my primary HD and Linux through boot floppy
disk.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Best regards,

EDWIN LIMACHI N.
ENTEL - Operaciones y Mantenimiento
Regional La Paz
TSE - INFONET BOLIVIA
Phone. 591-2-2123978
Movil: 591-715-29967
Fax: 591-2-2123975

Armando García Govea <armando.garcia at nekotec.com.mx>
Enviado por: rhn-users-bounces at redhat.com
23/09/2004 20:00
Por favor, responda a
Red Hat Network Users List <rhn-users at redhat.com>

Para
"'Red Hat Network Users List'" <rhn-users at redhat.com>
cc
<rhn-users-bounces at redhat.com>
Asunto
RE: [rhn-users] Installing RH on a second Hard Disk

Hi..

The Bios, only recognize a one hard disk?. Normally ?primary?.

If you change the secondary disk (linux) by primary, you can start (maybe)
with linux, but not with windows.

I believe that the problem, it?s the boot disk? you can do the boot disk
during installation??

Regards.

Armando García Govea
NEKOTEC TECNOLOGIA