[rhn-users] Resigning rpms for AS3 with RHN Satellite 3.2

Doerbeck, Christoph Christoph.Doerbeck at FMR.COM
Tue Sep 28 12:36:17 UTC 2004

Greetings all,

I am experiencing the following problem.  I have several RPMs for a
3rd party product.  I want to distribute that product via my RHN
Satellite 3.2
server.

I resign the packages on the Satellite server (running AS 21 with rpm
4.04 I believe)
using the 'rpm --resign' command.  I'm prompted for my gpg pass phrase,
and
the packages are successfully resigned.  rpm --checksig verifies that
the packages
has a good md5 sum.  I then use rhnpush to put the packages
into a custom child channel.  No problems....

Then, I go to a RHN client system (running AS3 with rpm 4.2) and try to
up2date the packages.
up2date then responds that the package is corrupt.

I have found a few references to problems resigning packages between rpm
x.x and
y.y, but I have not found thorough summary of the problem.  Does anyone
have a
complete characterization of this issue and what the "proper" solution
should be.

I'm currently in the process of exporting my gpg keys to a AS 3 host and
will attempt
resigning the packages there.

Christoph