[rhn-users] nis-samba password sync

Raj Kumar rajkum2002 at rediffmail.com
Mon Apr 4 17:08:34 UTC 2005

Hello,

I have one file server that is configured with both NIS and Samba services to allow access to files from Linux & Window servers. Using "password sync" options in the smb.conf file I was able to update unix password when the user changes password using smbpasswd. However, the new password was not reflected on other NIS clients since the passwd db is not updated (/var/yp/make).

I want to set up the environment that allows users to change password from either windows or Linux machines and the password should be updated both in NIS and Samba. Please give me some steps to achieve this cofiguration.

Thanks,
Raj