[rhn-users] Mirroring updates from RHN

"Dr. Günter Schmidt" guenter.schmidt at bruker.de
Fri Apr 8 10:19:33 UTC 2005

Erik Kristensen wrote:

> Is there an easy way to mass download updates for RHEL
> with a valid entitlement?

> 2. Using up2date, which has the drawback that
>    it's only possible to download for the version
>    of the os that up2date runs on.

That's the way I do it. One system with all available packages installed
does automatically
'up2date'  remaining the binary packages. The up2date directory is
available by NFS.
If a new system has to be installed, all rpm-files from the NFS
directory are copied to
/var/spool/upadate and then up2date started, which now does only
donwload the header files.

Dr. Günter Schmidt   |   E-Mail: gsc at bruker.de
NMR Software         |   Tel: +49 721 5161 443
Bruker BioSpin GmbH  |   Fax: +49 721 5161 480