[rhn-users] Migrating to multiple systems management

GREG WOJTAK GWOJTAK at salliemae.com
Fri Apr 15 14:15:01 UTC 2005

Red Hat Enterprise 2.1 includes the management module.  So you could
purchase 2.1, then just upgrade, since you are entitled to 3 and 4
anyways when you purchase 2.1.

Greg Wojtak
Unix Systems Administrator
Sallie Mae
(317) 598-4058

>>> dcolquhoun at motorola.com 4/15/2005 8:49:31 AM >>>
Daryl,

You're right about the management modules, I found a description of the
master/multiple administrator setup reading through the RHN Best
Practices Guide[1].  We don't have enough of a need to manage these
systems (they're used in testing short-term) to justify the cost of a
management module, so what we're looking for is really more of just a
Nice To Have.

Fortunately, the support staff at RHN seems to be on our side with this
one.  They've detailed the procedure for account transfer to me, and
I'll be creating a third generic account for our facility and
transferring both systems to that.  We will then share that account
amongst our staff and subscribe those with systems to the maillist with
which it is associated.

So if you find your organization fragmented because you read [1] a
little late in the game, an email to cutsomerservice will get you
straightened out.

[1]  https://rhn.redhat.com/help/rhn_best_practices.pdf

--
Dan