[rhn-users] Package error while installing RHEL 3

JAnez Urevc janez.urevc at gisdata.si
Wed Apr 20 12:26:50 UTC 2005

I tried to install RHEL 3 several times, but I always got the same error:

"There was an error installing redhat-artwork-0.73.2-2E. This can
indicate media failure, lack of disk space, and/or hardware problems.
This is fatal error and your install will be aborted. Please verify your
media and try your install again."

When this error occurs instalation stops. CD-check before the
installation sucsessfully passed.
There is enough disk space. Instalation sucseeded only once. Since then
no settings or hardwadre was changed. Installation logs on third and
fourth virtual console show nothing special. Also tried to use different
cd-drives and medias. Always the same result. What could be the problem?

JAnez Urevc, Slovenija