[rhn-users] Adding printer ppds to cups - RedHat Linux Enterprise

Margaret Doll Margaret_Doll at brown.edu
Fri Apr 22 13:13:43 UTC 2005

I know that Fedora 3 includes an import function for ppds with its
printer management program, printtool.  RedHat En 3 does not yet have
that feature.

After reading through the cups documentation I thought that one just
had to add the new ppd files to the /usr/share/cups/model directory and
restart cups.  This does not add the new ppds to the printtool driver
selections for my Enterprise systems.

Does anyone have a solution?  I have some new HP and Lexmarc printers
that are not included in the default printer configurations.

Thanks