[rhn-users] Im using up2date on a registered machine

Curtis Doty Curtis at GreenKey.net
Wed Apr 27 00:54:03 UTC 2005

James Harrison wrote:

>I tried it. The Redhat SW is on NFS here too. I took the /root/install.log -
>modified it so it was a list of rpms.
>
>SAVED MY ORIGIONAL RPM DIRECTORY!!
>
>Ran the script and it reproduced a new /var/lib/rpm/* directory.
>
>However, up2date still shows me the same dependency errors....
>
>Are you folks sure that I have a corrupted rpm database?
>
>I have moved the origional rpm database back into place.

I'm not sure who said your rpm database was corrupt. Have you also tried
purging the up2date cache in /var/spool/up2date/ so that it grabs all
new headers and rpms?

If that doesn't work, try narrowing down the b0rk'd dependency chain by
updating only a package or two at a time.

../C