[rhn-users] Packages not found

Chester R. Hosey Chester.Hosey at gianteagle.com
Tue Aug 23 12:54:07 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-22 at 15:19 -0700, LSC Ron wrote:
> The OS is a newly installed RH Enterprise 4, downloaded (using a Win2000
> system) iso's burned on a CD and installed, checksums were confirmed.
>
> The OS works great including automatic updates. Various Applications
> were installed using
>     >Applications > Systems Settings > Add/Remove Applications
>
> I was basically loading all applications to determine how well this
> process works. My problem is with MySQL under the Package Management
> window, Servers section - "MySQL Database"
>
> [snip]
>
> It seems reasonable to go back and manually install php-idap but
> that's not the point. By driving the application updates from the menu
> all should work effortlessly. Quick installs and updates.

I'd probably contact RH support about this one. I agree with you -- the
point isn't that you can work around it, but that it shouldn't be broken
in the first place. Discussion on this list will probably get you to a
workaround, but if you want Red Hat to know about (and hopefully
correct) the issue you'll want to contact them directly.

By the way, I just noticed a random coolness in Evolution -- you can
select message text, and when you click "reply" only that text will be
quoted. Neat.

Chet

--
(easily amused)