[rhn-users] RedHat ES 3.0

Chester R. Hosey Chester.Hosey at gianteagle.com
Tue Aug 23 13:34:27 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-23 at 08:46 -0400, DTitkemeyer at auroracasket.com wrote:

> I have a server running RedHat ES 3.0.   It is mainly used as a webserver for a
> couple websites.   Using Linux software RAID 5.    In the past couple weeks it
> has gone into a state of not responding.    I cannot log in remotely, I have to
> go to the server.   The message on the screen reads:  "Raid 5:   Resync finished
> ".   From what little I've read it appears it is just trying to resync a few
> files across the software raid to mirror the drives.    What if anything could
> be causing it to not respond?   Is there anything I can do to prevent this?

FYI,

This list is for users of Red Hat Network. Your question isn't related
to RHN, so it's unlikely that you'll find much help here.

You might find someone able to provide assistance on taroon-list, which
is the RHEL 3 discussion list. They're generally friendly folks there,
expecially if you're willing to ask detailed questions and provide
specific information.

Good luck!

Chet