[rhn-users] Update of KDE - and other

Nicolas Castagné Nicolas.Castagne at imag.fr
Wed Feb 2 12:03:38 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I am a new user of the RedHat enterprise distrib.

I wonder if there is somewhere a road map for the
coming RedHat enterprise packages.

Especially, I wonder when the new KDE release
will be made available on red hat enterprise.

The current available version of kde on RHE is
3.1.3. It was released on July, 2003 by in the
KDE project.
The current version of KDE by the KDE project is 3.3.2.
Does anyone know when it is supposed to be released under Red Hat Network?

Additionnaly, do you know if it is safe to
install a newer version of KDE, and where I could
get the process and source to install it ?  -
since it its quite difficult to do it from
scratch with the sources, I guess...

More generally, is there a road map available on
the red hat web site for the date of the future
package release under red hat enterprise ?

Thx,
All the best,

Nicolas

Dr Nicolas CASTAGNE